[Dev] Update [libre/gnome-boxes]

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Sat Dec 21 16:02:50 GMT 2019

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:47:22 +0100
theova <theova at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> The PKGBUILD below updates [libre/gnome-boxes] to the neweset version
> (3.34.2).
>
> Changelog:
> - Bumb version
> - Rename dependency spice-gtk3 to spice-gtk
> - Remove dependency libgovir to follow upstream
>
> Tested on 64, sucessfully built on 32 and arm. To built on arm, I
> first needed to built [libr/libosinfo] to have a recent enough
> version.
Thanks a lot.

Do you want to make (and push) a patch for it? Or should I do that?

If you don't want to build an official package for some reasons
(like having Intel AMT), you could also ping someone to build it.

> gnome-boxes has buttons to download and install non-free GNU/Linux
> distributions (as in previous versions). It is not possible to do
> that, e message "unsupported protocol https" pops up. Thus I'm not
> sure if this is a freedom issue?
Ideally it would be better to fix the issue. Users (me included) are
probably not expecting such buttons in the first place.

Is your PKGBUILD fixing it in prepare() ? or does it still need to be
fixed in a subsequent patch?

Denis.