[Dev] Update [libre/gnome-boxes]

theova theova at bluewin.ch
Mon Dec 23 07:47:00 GMT 2019

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org> schrieb am Sat, 21. Dec 19 17:02:
>On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:47:22 +0100
>theova <theova at bluewin.ch> wrote:
>
>> The PKGBUILD below updates [libre/gnome-boxes] to the neweset version
>> (3.34.2).
>>
>> Changelog:
>> - Bumb version
>> - Rename dependency spice-gtk3 to spice-gtk
>> - Remove dependency libgovir to follow upstream
>>
>> Tested on 64, sucessfully built on 32 and arm. To built on arm, I
>> first needed to built [libr/libosinfo] to have a recent enough
>> version.
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Do you want to make (and push) a patch for it? Or should I do that?
It is not necessary to change anything on [libre/libosinfo], the package
is just not built for the arm architecture. As I don't have permissions
to push, that would be great if you could build and push it. (Side note:
the current version of [libre/libosinfo] is marked OoD for all
architectures.

>If you don't want to build an official package for some reasons
>(like having Intel AMT), you could also ping someone to build it.
>
>> gnome-boxes has buttons to download and install non-free GNU/Linux
>> distributions (as in previous versions). It is not possible to do
>> that, e message "unsupported protocol https" pops up. Thus I'm not
>> sure if this is a freedom issue?
>Ideally it would be better to fix the issue. Users (me included) are
>probably not expecting such buttons in the first place.
>
>Is your PKGBUILD fixing it in prepare() ? or does it still need to be
>fixed in a subsequent patch?
I agree. No, my PKGBUILD does not fix this. I will have a look at it.