[Dev] Parabolaiso r819.8041f96 release announcement

Megver83 megver83 at hyperbola.info
Fri Sep 22 15:34:54 GMT 2017

El 22/09/17 a las 08:41, bill-auger escribió:
> i assume that your interest in an openrc installer is
> mainly for hyperbola

When did I mention an installer?

> does this mean the two projects would be sharing
> a codebase on this? - if so then we should really co-ordinate efforts so
> that we do not go in opposite directions or step on each other's toes -
> if that is not going to be the case then you should probably for
> hyperbola hard fork now so that i can continue on the path i am on
> without surprises - i wasnt aware that anyone else was working on it too
> so i have simply continued working from my notabug fork and have not
> pushed any of my changes yet or mentioned anything of my progress until
> i had something substantial ready

> as for the pacman package, it is indeed quite out of date - the one i
> see is from march 2016

That's why I updated it. I see that there are many updates in archiso
(besides the removal of i686), which I'll see if they should be included
in Parabolaiso.

> but i can echo what andreas is saying that it
> is simpler to build the ISO in-tree, it is something that needs to done
> very rarely, and is not something any end-user will want to do ever - i
> really do not see any need for parabolaiso to be packaged at all - i was
> actually going to suggest the the 2 files in the parabolaiso-data
> package be moved into the parabolaiso git repo and both packages could
> be removed - i was considering to make a new package though just for the
> branding, themes, /etc/skel files and such

But wait, why wouldn't an end-user want to build his/her own ISO? Plus,
our developers tools deserve a place in our repositories, in that case
we would remove libretools too, and packagers would have to compile it
themselves.

> as for my current progress, a new lxde-systemd ISO has been ready to go
> for some time - i have not added any new ISO to the repo yet because i
> wanted to have the calamares installer ready first - i have been
> finishing that this week and it is ready for alpha today - i need to get
> calamares into repos next and then i will re-build an ISO including it
>
> also i recently hid the 2017-05 mate ISOs from view because people were
> finding them even though they are not listed on the website and having
> install trouble

I remember, I'll look for a solution, so we can have updated graphical ISOs.

~Megver83
https://megver83.ga/

SIP: megver83 at sip.linphone.org
IRC (Freenode): Megver83