[Dev] Parabolaiso r819.8041f96 release announcement

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 10:16:07 GMT 2017

 From a user perspective, it's still good news. IIRC bill-auger is
working on LXDE version of parabola (so the user will be able to choose
between MATE or LXDE).

In regards to OpenRC, I hope there's coordination between those building
any MATE OpenRC isos and any LXDE OpenRC isos (which I think there were
also hints at), as similar efforts may become duplicated, same goes for
efforts towards the graphical installer ... I seem to remember there
being two different repositories for this last time I looked; if they
are essentially the same software, then a proper discussion probably
needs to be had on how developers can work together so that they can be
merged (because it wouldn't be good having two lots of the same
[installer] package). If not, and I am talking rubbish, then feel free
to correct then ignore me completely.

I would also like to reiterate that it would also be nice to have
install scripts for MATE and LXDE on the CLI iso and perhaps even on the
graphical isos as a sort-of backup, if they're not already.

Also, I look forward to any progress on PenParabola, AFAIK, there isn't
such a thing as a fully-libre pen-testing distro on the surface of this
planet, so it'd be nice achievement to have.

Finally, thanks everybody for your hard labor, it's easy for me to sit
back and make couch suggestions without actually doing much work, but
ultimately it's you lot who will decide and shape parabola,

Josh