[Dev] GNU Cash broken and gone from repositories?

nospam at curso.re nospam at curso.re
Sun Dec 17 14:42:48 GMT 2017

Hello,

I was trying to run gnucash today and got the following error

> $ gnucash
> gnucash: error while loading shared libraries: libenchant.so.1: cannot

OK, I remember seeing an upgrade to enchant, I'll try to rebuild gnucash
against the new version... but I could find the PKGBUILD only in AUR[1].

I could not find trace of gnucash in either the Arch nor the Parabola
repos.  In fact, pacman -Ss gnucash returns no result.

Does anyone have any pointers to solve this issue? Thanks!

FTR, the details of the package are (strangely, there is no dependency
on enchant):

$ pacman -Qi gnucash
Name            : gnucash
Version         : 2.6.16-3
Description     : A personal and small-business financial-accounting application
Architecture    : x86_64
URL             : http://www.gnucash.org
Licenses        : GPL
Groups          : None
Provides        : None
Depends On      : guile  slib  goffice0.8  libdbi-drivers  libmariadbclient  postgresql-libs  aqbanking  desktop-file-utils  webkitgtk2  libgnome-keyring  libgnomecanvas
                  dconf
Optional Deps   : evince: for print preview
                  yelp: help browser [installed]
                  perl-finance-quote: for stock information lookups
                  perl-date-manip: for stock information lookups
Required By     : None
Optional For    : None
Conflicts With  : None
Replaces        : None
Installed Size  : 47.94 MiB
Packager        : Juergen Hoetzel <juergen at archlinux.org>
Build Date      : Tue 20 Jun 2017 05:17:15 PM BST
Install Date    : Wed 21 Jun 2017 07:09:50 AM BST
Install Reason  : Explicitly installed
Install Script  : No
Validated By    : Signature

-- S.