[Dev] Policy for Package Quarantines

Nicolás A. Ortega deathsbreed at themusicinnoise.net
Wed Apr 19 15:28:35 GMT 2017

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:17:40PM -0300, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> So far, I'm against "releasing" packages from the quarantine if they are
> kept there until "some time", because this "release" would probably
> favor "problematic" software rather than favor "innocent" software.

The issue then becomes that software is accused, and even if it is
completely innocent it will never get out of quarantine despite being
completely clean. There has to be a method by which if no proper
evidence is found that truly makes the software non-free it should be
able to come back into the repos.

> However, I'm in favor of making the reference fields for the quarantine
> mandatory, and furthermore: I suggest to have evaluators investigate the
> references to see if these are indeed valid and updated before adding a
> package to the quarantine in the first place.

Alright, something we can work on :)

--
Nicolás Ortega Froysa (Deathsbreed)
https://themusicinnoise.net/