[Dev] Policy for Package Quarantines

Nicolás A. Ortega deathsbreed at themusicinnoise.net
Wed Apr 19 18:03:40 GMT 2017

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 05:28:35PM +0200, Nicolás A. Ortega wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:17:40PM -0300, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> > So far, I'm against "releasing" packages from the quarantine if they are
> > kept there until "some time", because this "release" would probably
> > favor "problematic" software rather than favor "innocent" software.
> >

> The issue then becomes that software is accused, and even if it is
> completely innocent it will never get out of quarantine despite being
> completely clean. There has to be a method by which if no proper
> evidence is found that truly makes the software non-free it should be
> able to come back into the repos.

Dezponia also mentioned on IRC that issues can be reopened. However I
would argue that issues should be reopened only if new evidence has come
to light, at which point the package can go back into quarantine, and
the time in quarantine should be longer.

I've added a post-quarantine section to the pad:
https://pad.riseup.net/p/QuarantinePolicyDraft

--
Nicolás Ortega Froysa (Deathsbreed)
https://themusicinnoise.net/