[Dev] Q1: Do you have a consensus on the budget for the Build Server?

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 18:43:35 GMT 2017

> So, my question is: has the Parabola community been presented and have
> you discussed options and the detailed budget for the new build server?
> Have you reached a consensus about this for fauno to tell me what needs
> to paid for?

Relevant to this question is a response from Luke, gc4j, 06/04/17 23:47.
Not sure if anything has changed since.
______________________quote start_____________________
'		I'm putting all the parts together to complete the build server with
my own personal money. Since Arch is pulling support for i686 in
November of this year, I wanted to have the thing running and ready to
go before then.

Currently, what I have:
* KFSN4-DRE - Motherboard (Libreboot compatible, but not re-flashed yet,
would feel more comfortable for it to be done on delivery anyway)
* 2 CPU's AMD Opteron 221
* 32GB RAM
* 1TB Western Digital HDD
* SATA cable
* 2 Dynatron Fan + Heat sinks and thermal paste

There was some discussion about Ceata helping pay for Chasis/UPS/PSU/and
RAM. After seeing all the unnecessary drama and obstruction over the use
of expenses, and the unlikeness of being able to get the server done in
any reasonable amount time, I went ahead and got the Chasis, PSU, and
RAM myself.

That said...

Currently en route to me:
* PSU 500W - EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR
* Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series PH-ES614P_BG Chasis

My estimate (per the specs found here:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854018) puts
the size of the box around
235 mm x 535 mm x 550 mm (W x H x D)
13.8Kg (for chasis). I estimate at least 5Kg for packing materials and
all the parts installed in the chasis. Cannot confirm this until it has
actually installed.

It is my understanding Ceata was (is?) still waiting on this estimate in
order to see if they could help with UPS shipment costs to Emulatorman's
post office box. Since it is highly unlikely they can "declare" a
package shipped inside the United States from Romania, I already started
saving up for paying the postage myself.
If they would like to help, it is of course appreciated, but it's much
less stressful for me to know that the product can be shipped and arrive
soon without unnecessary fanfare.