[Dev] [GNU-linux-libre] libglvnd: OK or not?

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Sun Apr 2 12:28:55 GMT 2017

On 04/02/2017 03:00 AM, Luke Shumaker wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 13:29:39 -0400,
> Joshua Haase wrote:
>> André Silva <emulatorman at riseup.net> writes:

>>> +1, i suggest put intel (i915 driver) too, since i had problems in my
>>> laptop :(
>>>
>>> eg. [technical] Breaks support for non-DRI (non-Xorg) DRM in Nouveau and
>>> Intel
>>
>> I think that we should not use the freedom blacklist to solve technical
>> issues.
>
> I agree.
>
> The [technical] tag is for
>  - the technical issue is "we aren't Arch"
>  - we need to recompile against our version of a library (which was repackaged changed for freedom reasons)
>  - we need to recompile a package with different flags, because a
>    libre-replacement for a different package requires it.
>
> It isn't to fix bugs from upstream.

+1 I think there's a way to do it from outside blacklist file, even we
could do the same for packages with branding issues too.

A good suggestion is create another file with different name which
contains those packages (with technical and branding issues) to be
removed from db-import-archlinux-pkg and db-import-archlinuxarm-pkg. :)