[Dev] [GNU-linux-libre] libglvnd: OK or not?

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Sun Apr 2 03:00:51 GMT 2017

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 13:29:39 -0400,
Joshua Haase wrote:
> André Silva <emulatorman at riseup.net> writes:
>
> > On 03/31/2017 07:58 AM, Luke Shumaker wrote:
> >>     [technical] Breaks support for non-DRI (non-Xorg) DRM in Nouveau
> >
> > +1, i suggest put intel (i915 driver) too, since i had problems in my
> > laptop :(
> >
> > eg. [technical] Breaks support for non-DRI (non-Xorg) DRM in Nouveau and
> > Intel
>
> I think that we should not use the freedom blacklist to solve technical
> issues.

I agree.

The [technical] tag is for
 - the technical issue is "we aren't Arch"
 - we need to recompile against our version of a library (which was repackaged changed for freedom reasons)
 - we need to recompile a package with different flags, because a
   libre-replacement for a different package requires it.

It isn't to fix bugs from upstream.