[Assist] Eclipse (Java IDE)

grizzlyuser grizzlyuser at protonmail.com
Fri Sep 11 07:46:48 GMT 2020

It seems one cannot install Eclipse IDE from official repos even in Arch Linux, because they have moved it to the AUR [1].

Parabola's blacklist.txt [2] doesn't mention it, and I couldn't find any freedom issue logged for this specific set of packages in Parabola issue tracker either. So there appears to be no documented issues from our side.

But, AFAIK, Eclipse has a feature to browse marketplace, and automatic installation of dependency packages for the user projects, where some packages can potentially have freedom issues. I didn't try to build it using the PKGBUILD, so it's not clear if any dependencies are pulled from the network in the process.

[1] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=255342
[2] https://git.parabola.nu/blacklist.git/tree/blacklist.txt