[Dev] Chromebook C201 wifi

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Sun Mar 31 17:52:39 GMT 2019

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 13:14:23 +0200
Andreas Grapentin <andreas at grapentin.org> wrote:

> On the other hand, incompatibilities with free software and a majority
> of wifi chipsets is a known issue, even on desktops. If you are using
> a desktop machine with only free software, you might have missed
> this, but it is a huge concern across all portable devices, from
> mobile phone to laptop (https://h-node.org/wifi/catalogue/en)

It would be a good idea to mention this in a location that users can't
miss, along with advises on how to deal with such hardware
incompatibilities and also point to resources that help users get
hardware that respects their freedom.

I think we should make a dedicated wiki page about it and point to it
from the x86 and ARM installation guides and the main page.

Some time ago, I also started working on a Libreboot compatible laptop
comparison[1] to help advanced users chose the laptops that best suit
them, however I didn't have the time to finish it yet. Even if it's not
100% complete it already have a lot of useful information.