[Dev] Chromebook C201 wifi

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 15:51:47 GMT 2019

Hi just had a look and there doesn't appear to be an easy option, though
there are a few things that could help in u-boot by the looks of things,
I'm not too familiar with u-boot, and it would require probably require
someone who would know what they were doing to really help.

But I guess probably you'd need to compile u-boot, changing some stuff,
like grepping for "uA", "uV", "max-current" , "max-current" etc. have a
look at arch/arm/dts and see what's going in there etc. Probably there
is a main voltage regulator and a usb voltage regulator, someone who
knows about electronics could tell you if it could be a problem with
either, or just one or the other.

You could try typing "power info" from the prompt or something similar,
which may or may not show you usb current. Else, like you or someone
suggested, obtain a usb current and voltage meter and work out if that's
the issue for sure.

U-boot seems to be very board-specific which generally provides some
evidence against my original hypothesis, though it's difficult to tell.
Bare in mind, it could be a coincidence that both our arm devices are
struggling with USB and turn out not be power related at all, cheers,

Josh