[Dev] Chromebook C201 wifi

Lee Strobel leestrobel at disroot.org
Tue Apr 2 10:23:06 GMT 2019

Hi Josh,

I've got the $10 USB tester on order, should arrive in a few days. Once
I have that, hopefully I will be able to confirm whether or not the
power level is really the problem.

I will compare the ThinkPenguin dongle to the older Ralink one I have.
Also, the tester I've ordered has two split outputs (from the same port
on the laptop). So I should be able to plug in the wifi dongle; check
the current draw for that; then plug something else into the second
port on the tester (mouse, or phone charger or something). I should be
able to tell, based on whether the current increases when I do that,
whether or not the Penguin dongle is maxing out the available supply.

Regards,

Lee