[Dev] dbscripts 20180920.1 release announcement

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Fri Sep 21 15:17:47 GMT 2018

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 12:12:45 -0400,
Luke Shumaker wrote:
> I've rolled out version 20180920 of Parabola dbscripts.

ovruni reported that after db-import at archlinuxarm.service ran, several
key packages were missing on ARM.  I rolled the server back to
v20180826, and restarted db-import at archlinuxarm.service.  (That was
the only import job that had run since the roll-out.)

So now...

I've rolled out version 20180920.1 of Parabola dbscripts.
                                ^^

Changes from 20180920 to 20180920.1:

 - db-move, db-remove:

   * Instead of "magically" taking either a pkgbase or a pkgname, a
     pkgname must now be explicitly identified by writing
     "pkgname=$PKGNAME".

 - db-import-pkg:

   * Improve logging

   * Bugfix: Don't db-remove packages that got updated.  It was
     erroneously including the pkgver when deciding which packages to
     remove.

(I wrote this last night, but apparently never hit "send".  My apologies.)