[Dev] dbscripts 20180920 release announcement

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Thu Sep 20 16:12:45 GMT 2018

I've rolled out version 20180920 of Parabola dbscripts.

TL;DR: db-import-pkg now uses db-move/db-update/db-remove internally.

I've been sitting on this for a while (since the 3rd), but didn't want
to roll out an update (especially *this* update) with the bug tracker
or mailing list down.

Changes from 20180826 to 20180920:

 - db-import-pkg:

   * Don't hard-code the list of upstreams, validate an upstream name
     based on whether a config file for it exists.

   * Merge the `db-import-${UPSTREAM}.conf` config files in to the
     `config.local.${UPSTREAM}` config files.  The `db-import-*.conf`
     files no longer exist.

     . db-import-pkg no longer takes UPSTREAM as an argument.  The
       upstream is now set by setting the DBSCRIPTS_CONFIG= environment
       variable.
     . OURPKGPOOL is now called PKGPOOL.
     . OURSRCPOOL is now called SRCPOOL.

   * Use db-move/db-update/db-remove to edit the repos, instead of
     editing them directly.

 - db-update: Allow package files to be symlinks to packages in a
   different PKGPOOL.  Previously, package files could not be
   symlinks.  This allows for one package pool to inherit files from
   another.

 - default configuration: Change the mirror used when importing from
   Arch Linux ARM.

Other notes:

 - On winston.parabola.nu, I have run: sudo pacman -Sy dbscripts

This is a major change in the way db-import-pkg works.  If anyone
noticed irregularities in the imported repositories, let me know.