[Dev] Parabolaiso r819.8041f96 release announcement

Megver83 megver83 at hyperbola.info
Fri Sep 22 15:18:36 GMT 2017

El 22/09/17 a las 04:52, Andreas Grapentin escribió:

> uhm...
> I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but didn't bill-auger take over
> the iso development?

Didn't know about

> also, I'm not sure we really need the parabolaiso-git package, given
> that (afaik) we build the isos from git anyway?

I like it, for comfortability. Just install the pkg and start building
ISOs, instead of cloning the git and build parabolaiso yourself.

> Also, if there is still a mate iso built, then the repo is definitely
> outdated, and the changes to the new graphical installer haven't made it
> in yet, which we should fix.

Yes, I was thinking about that. However the greatest changes you made
were to build.sh, which doesn't really affect the bootable ISO, but the
packages.both from the MATE ISO yes, also its installer scripts. I can
re-build it, later.

> Best,
> Andreas
>
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 06:48:11PM -0300, Megver83 wrote:
>> Hi guys, I just packaged parabolaiso-git, as I saw that there were
>> important changes in the git repo, but no pkg upd (too many
>> abbreviations :P). Plus, I'm starting to build the OpenRC ISO, so I can
>> release the Parabola OpenRC Edition soon (and maybe PenParabola).
>>
>> The main changes are:
>>
>> - Update pkglist in packages.both
>> - Same thing for the installation scripts (MATE ISO)
>> - Fixes in motd
>> - Directory fixes in build.sh
>>
>> Thanks a lot to Andreas (oaken-source) for this important updates.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> ~Megver83
>> https://megver83.ga/