[Dev] request for shell/git access

Isaac David isacdaavid at isacdaavid.info
Wed Sep 6 04:01:28 GMT 2017

NotDashEscaped: You need gpg to verify this message

we would be foolish not to accept such a big contribution. if Parabola
is going to keep offering a graphical installer it better is a
properly-maintained one. the kind of users who can work around the
issues with the current image probably use the CLI installer anyway.

besides, you've been hanging around here, there and everywhere for
some time already.

how far are you into building the new ISO? i could set up your account
over the weekend, in the absence of objections. you could send us your
profile in the meantime according to these
[examples](https://git.parabola.nu/hackers.git/tree/users/1029.yml)

bill-auger said:
 > i seem to remember oaken-source needed to touch multiple servers to
 > post a new release (FTP site, the downloads wiki page) so it is not
 > clear which specific access i should be asking for

this would grant you ssh access to both servers (proton.parabola.nu,
winston.parabola.nu) using your personal account as specified in your
profile, plus access to repo at winston.parabola.nu
(a.k.a. repo at repo.parabola.nu) and git at winston.parabola.nu
(a.k.a. git at git.parabola.nu). the latter is used to push commits,
whereas repo runs dbscripts and has write access to everything being
served in the main mirror, including the ISOs.

changing the wiki will be trivial in comparison.

 > ideally, i would like to be able to build the ISOs on the server
where
 > they would be hosted rather than building locally and uploading

sounds plausible... using your personal winston account then moving
things to their final destination with repo. or maybe using repo all
along, with care. how did oaken-source and Emulatorman do it?

 > also there are many open issues on the bug tracker related to this
 > (some are years old) so perhaps i could be permitted me to curate
 > those

same observation as with the wiki. first things first.

--
Isaac David
GPG: 38D33EF29A7691134357648733466E12EC7BA943