[Dev] feedback for Parabola beta ISOs

Ben Gailly ben at techtux.be
Tue Oct 17 05:00:05 GMT 2017

bill-auger,

The proposed first version of the slideshow (or last if you really like it..) is available at https://github.com/OccultusCaudex/parabola-artwork/blob/master/calamares_installer_slides/

Two folders are.presents. One with the slides, one with the source files.

I've made two versions for the language (one with colored rectangle, one with grey rectangle) because I didn't know wich one I like.. :-)

I didn't edit the show.qml from the calamares example (or any other calamares file suxh as manjaro, etc) because I don't know if it's my.part or not, and what text to add for now. :-)

I also add a new wallpaper (a dark grey background with light grey logo) in the wallpaper folder...

On October 13, 2017 3:56:06 AM GMT+02:00, bill-auger <bill-auger at peers.community> wrote:

>El 12/10/17 a las 01:24, Ben Gailly escribió:
>> Should I start trying to make a theme and maybe an icon pack for lxde
>> instead of mate
>
>mate and LXDE use the same themes - they are the standard GTK2/GTK3
>pairs - i suspect the reason that the parabola theme is broken in the
>new version of mate is that they switched to GTK3 and perhaps the
>parabola theme was made only for GTK2 - if that is the case then it
>will
>work in LXDE as is
>
>there exists themes galore though - so that is not so urgent - the one
>thing that we do not have any example of is a slideshow for calamares -
>that is the first task i would take up if i were wearing my designer
>hat
>today

Ben Gailly
www.techtux.be