[Dev] Buildbot

Andreas Grapentin andreas at grapentin.org
Mon Nov 6 17:11:48 GMT 2017

as for batch processing of jobs, we should probably take a look at
pcr/task-spooler. it's great and I've been using it for queueing builds
on my crunching box for a while.

by the way, I would personally discourage using text parsing on git
commits for triggering builds. it's prone to mistakes, and doesn't
follow the principle of least astonishment [1]. Would probably be better
to get a cli tool on the server to do it, or, if people prefer that, a
website or something.

Come to think of it, what might work would be having a git hook that
activates upon a pushed commit, scanning for updated pkgbuild files, and
rebuilding them, if a certain flag is set or something. But we'd better
document the hell out of this or it will come back and bite us in the
ass.

 [1] - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_astonishment