[Dev] Calamares Installer (Parabola rebranded) almost ready

Megver83 megver83 at openmailbox.org
Thu Jul 6 17:50:33 GMT 2017

Good thing to point out, I was going to mention that. But bill-auger
already answered that question: Parabola is a very attractive libre
distro, up-to-date, stable, and awesome :) so any newbie to the
GNU/Linux world might want sth. more user-friendly, but at the same
time, with updated software (for better compatibility, test new
software, etc.), which distro offers you that option? none (at least
from the FSF-endorsed). I would not mention Trisquel if I talk about
updated software. So being a bit more user-friendly with the
installation is like a big step for newbies, there's a lot of people who
do not use Parabola for the same reason, or simply install Manjaro and
then migrate to Parabola, but there's nothing better than a fresh install :D

Plus, no one says that we should leave CLI aside, we can have both, a
CLI ISO and a GUI one.