[Dev] Q1: Do you have a consensus on the budget for the Build Server?

Luke g4jc at openmailbox.org
Fri Apr 14 19:28:13 GMT 2017

On 04/14/2017 06:58 PM, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic wrote:
> On 14.04.2017 21:43, Josh Branning wrote:
>>> So, my question is: has the Parabola community been presented and have
>>> you discussed options and the detailed budget for the new build server?
>>> Have you reached a consensus about this for fauno to tell me what needs
>>> to paid for?
>> Relevant to this question is a response from Luke, gc4j, 06/04/17 23:47.

Josh is correct, that is the current information.
Chasis just arrived, still waiting on power supply to arrive in the mail.

The e-mail he referenced can be found here:
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004889.html

> That response has come with considerable delay, after everything has
> become public. I have been asked privately to pay $400 USD on 26/03/17
> 12:07. That is, 10 days earlier. I consider this private request to
> violate both the Parabola Social Contract and Parabola-Ceata Fiscal
> Sponsorship Agreement.

I assume you are referring to Emulatorman's e-mail which he sent to
fauno and yourself. I was CC'd on it. At the time we only had a
motherboard, cpu, and heat sinks. He provided estimated prices on
shipping products from Urutek, New Egg, and Amazon to complete the
server. (Chasis, ram, power supply)

I've since gone ahead and gotten the other parts myself, using my own
money, as they were cheaper to acquire locally.

Answer to Q1:
Budget cost for build server to Ceata and community = $0.00