[Dev] Some doubts about Parabola's donations

Luke g4jc at openmailbox.org
Wed Apr 5 21:39:17 GMT 2017

On 04/05/2017 04:51 PM, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic wrote:

>> Our agreement has been signed on 24 September 2015 for a term of 1 (one)
>> year and it has been automatically renewed on 24 September 2016. I
>> remind everyone that Ceata doesn't charge Parabola any fee for handling
>> its donations and expenses.
>>
>> Any other free software nonprofit offering fiscal sponsorship (such as
>> FSF and SF Conservancy) charges the projects under their umbrella with a
>> standard fee of 10% of income. That is around €250 EUR for the income
>> Parabola has received so far.
>>
>> Considering that there is a number of Parabola hackers/donors
>> unsatisfied with Ceata's fiscal sponsorship, it is our decision to
>> terminate the current agreement. Please consider this the "sixty (60)
>> days written notice" I send you on behalf of Ceata, as per §7.

I just wanted to take a moment to say that while questions were being
asked by members of our community, no one has made the public the
decision to "terminate".
However, as Ceata has already made this decision for us (which is
allowed per §7), it will be unlikely to find a replacement within 60 days.

As for current consensus:
I think we should immediately remove donation links from the website to
avoid further loss/confusion of Parabola donations until this matter is
resolved.