[Dev] Some doubts about Parabola's donations

Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic tct at ceata.org
Wed Apr 5 22:01:27 GMT 2017

On 06.04.2017 00:39, Luke wrote:
> On 04/05/2017 04:51 PM, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic wrote:
>>> Our agreement has been signed on 24 September 2015 for a term of 1 (one)
>>> year and it has been automatically renewed on 24 September 2016. I
>>> remind everyone that Ceata doesn't charge Parabola any fee for handling
>>> its donations and expenses.
>>>
>>> Any other free software nonprofit offering fiscal sponsorship (such as
>>> FSF and SF Conservancy) charges the projects under their umbrella with a
>>> standard fee of 10% of income. That is around €250 EUR for the income
>>> Parabola has received so far.
>>>
>>> Considering that there is a number of Parabola hackers/donors
>>> unsatisfied with Ceata's fiscal sponsorship, it is our decision to
>>> terminate the current agreement. Please consider this the "sixty (60)
>>> days written notice" I send you on behalf of Ceata, as per §7.

[...]
> However, as Ceata has already made this decision for us (which is
> allowed per §7), it will be unlikely to find a replacement within 60 days.
[...]

Ceata hasn't made this decision for Parabola, Ceata has made this
decision for itself (Ceata). There are two parties in this agreement and
each one has the right to terminate the agreement unilaterally. Ceata
has just done that.

And I remind you that the text of the agreement has been intensively
debated in Parabola community and its final form was adopted by
consensus. 60 days is what you have agreed it should be the deadline.

Tiberiu