[Dev] libretools 20160510 release announcement

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 10 05:34:53 GMT 2016

I just released libretools 20160510 to [libre], and pushed the source
tarball to <https://repo.parabola.nu/other/libretools/>.

The big change this release is that librechroot (and thus
libremakepkg) get support for running ARM chroots on x86 architectures
via qemu with binfmt_misc.

In particular, librechroot's new `-A` flag obviates the "Building
32-bit packages on a 64-bit system" wiki page[2].

Changes from 20160418 to 20160510:
 * librechroot:
   - On non-armv7l architectures, support CARCH=armv7h via qemu with
     binfmt_misc.
   - Avoid doing work to set up a chroot when we're just going to
     'delete' it
 * librexgettext: improved --help text
 * Improve INSTALL documentation

When creating an ARM chroot, or when creating an x86 chroot after
creating an ARM chroot, there may be errors about package signing.
Just delete the chroot, and try again; it should work.  I believe this
hast to do with how we do package signing for imported packages, and
not with libretools itself.