[Dev] Softwares and Libraries List ARM router

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Mon Mar 21 20:58:53 GMT 2016

On 03/21/2016 05:50 PM, André Silva wrote:
> On 03/21/2016 05:32 PM, Isaac David wrote:
>> Adjust Parabola to work with _any_ ARM board and adapt/accept _any_
>> application?
>> (I guess by "adjusting the apps" Enrique is also referring to adding
>> custom packages
>> to something like [pcr])
>>
>> This needs more clarification:
>>
>> For most boards we would probably be able to boot Linux-libre and run a
>> normal
>> Parabola GNU/Linux system, but I suspect there may be some others that
>> _require_
>> custom (and even nonfree) kernels to even work at all!
>>
>> But there's something else we all know for sure we won't be able to
>> support: bootloaders.
>> Platforms like Samsung Exynos _need_ nonfree and signed bootloaders to
>> work at all. Users
>> are alone making sure they can boot Parabola from a proprietary
>> bootloader. I mention this
>> because I also received Enrique's previous mail off-list days ago, and
>> if I recall correctly he
>> is concerned with keeping things 100% free for his project. We can't
>> magically free all the
>> software in the odroids.
>
> FSF says that "Odroid-X, Odroid-X2, Odroid-U, Odroid-U2" requires
> nonfree startup software since it uses the Samsung Exynos SoC [0],
> however Enrique means about Odroid-XU4, Odroid-XU3 and Odriod-C1plus
> that are other models and we should check if those boards don't uses the
> Samsung Exynos SoC and can boot up from U-Boot ...
>
> [0]:https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers

I'm reading in Arch ARM site that Odroid-XU4 [0] and Odroid-XU3 [1] uses
Samsung Exynos SoC and therefore it requires nonfree startup software to
works, however Odroid-C1 [2] uses Amlogic SoC instead. We should looking
for more info about Amlogic SoC if doesn't need nonfree stuff to bootup.

[0]:https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/samsung/odroid-xu3
[1]:https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/samsung/odroid-xu4
[2]:https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/amlogic/odroid-c1