[Dev] Softwares and Libraries List ARM router

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Mon Mar 21 20:50:53 GMT 2016

On 03/21/2016 05:32 PM, Isaac David wrote:
> Adjust Parabola to work with _any_ ARM board and adapt/accept _any_
> application?
> (I guess by "adjusting the apps" Enrique is also referring to adding
> custom packages
> to something like [pcr])
>
> This needs more clarification:
>
> For most boards we would probably be able to boot Linux-libre and run a
> normal
> Parabola GNU/Linux system, but I suspect there may be some others that
> _require_
> custom (and even nonfree) kernels to even work at all!
>
> But there's something else we all know for sure we won't be able to
> support: bootloaders.
> Platforms like Samsung Exynos _need_ nonfree and signed bootloaders to
> work at all. Users
> are alone making sure they can boot Parabola from a proprietary
> bootloader. I mention this
> because I also received Enrique's previous mail off-list days ago, and
> if I recall correctly he
> is concerned with keeping things 100% free for his project. We can't
> magically free all the
> software in the odroids.

FSF says that "Odroid-X, Odroid-X2, Odroid-U, Odroid-U2" requires
nonfree startup software since it uses the Samsung Exynos SoC [0],
however Enrique means about Odroid-XU4, Odroid-XU3 and Odriod-C1plus
that are other models and we should check if those boards don't uses the
Samsung Exynos SoC and can boot up from U-Boot ...

[0]:https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers