[Dev] [consensus][due: 2016-06-13]: New version for Parabola Social Contract

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 10 19:02:31 GMT 2016

On Thu, 09 Jun 2016 02:13:57 -0400,
fauno wrote:

> [1  <multipart/signed (7bit)>]
> Luke Shumaker <lukeshu at sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
> >> 5) Democracy doesn't works. Adhocracy is the way for Parabola.
> >
> > That's a very loaded claim.  Maybe it is true, but it certainly
> > requires discussion before ammending the Social Contract to say that.
> >
> > Launching point for further discussion: there was good discussion
> > about how to do governance when we were figuring out the Ceata
> > agreement.
>
> but it would be good to provide links on discussions about governance
> that happened on this list for further reference.

I've been digging through the archives, and have come up with some
links.

Threads:
 - 2014-12-05: "*URGENT* Proposal to organise Parabola"[0]
 - 2014-12-17: "SFC"[1]
 - 2015-01-04 "Reflection on the Relationship of Money and Parabola"[2]

Beware that the threads contain a little bit of talk about governance,
and a lot of talk about communism and capitalism; and that it's a bit
tough to weed through it.

[0]: https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002475.html
[1]: https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002601.html
[2]: https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2015-January/002673.html

IMO, except for the one message from the "SFC" thread that I link to
below[4], the 2015 discussion is probably the only one worth reading.

In one of my messages in the 2015 discussion[3], I wrote:
> I don't recall if it was Tiberiu wrote, or something from the SFC
> [...], but I distinctly remember the mention that with the
> bureaucratic duties of being such a representative, one might have
> less time for technical contributions.

Now having dug through the mail archives; I was referring to one of
Tiberiu's messages[5] in the "SFC" discussion.

[3]: https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2015-January/002679.html
[4]: https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002617.html