[Dev] "Arch Linux Archive" for Parabola

fauno fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Mon Feb 22 21:35:48 GMT 2016

Bruno Dantas <dantas at airpost.net> writes:

> I would like to donate the hosting cost for Parabola to have something
> similar to the "Arch Linux Archive"
> (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_Archive) collection of
> snapshots.

this sounds great! i hope someone can have the time to do it :)

thanks bruno!

ps: IMO arch/parabola is not that unstable if you pay attention, but
such sta(b)le repos could be useful not only for downgrading temporarily
but also for distributing live isos where you don't have to upgrade the
whole system and deal with possible issues when you just want to install
a package.  then we can provide a way to "upgrade to the next month" or
something like that.

i believe we discussed something like this on #parabola a long time ago.

--
http://lainventoria.com.ar/