[Dev] "Arch Linux Archive" for Parabola

Esteban Carnevale alfplayer at mailoo.org
Fri Feb 26 12:28:53 GMT 2016

On 02/22/16 16:13, Bruno Dantas wrote:
> I would like to donate the hosting cost for Parabola to have something
> similar to the "Arch Linux Archive"
> (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_Archive) collection of
> snapshots.
>
> Having something like this would allow people to point their pacman to a
> snapshot rather than to the regular (rolling) mirror, so that they can
> reliably install packages between system upgrades. There are many other
> benefits as well.
>
> Would the Parabola hackers be interested in this? If there is interest,
> I'm ready to fund the effort and to contribute in other ways, too, to
> the limit of my ability.
>
> -Bruno
http://alfplayer.com/ provides this basically. As you can see, it was
working until 4 months ago. Now I started to sync it again and I intend
to keep it working. Sharing the scripts is still on my to do list. It's
also possible to use or adapt the Arch Rollback Machine scripts, which
were publicly available last time I checked.

--
Esteban Carnevale <alfplayer at mailoo.org>