[Dev] Misleading information in EOMA68 news

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Aug 15 19:15:00 GMT 2016

---

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 7:04 PM, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic <tct at ceata.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not a Parabola hacker and I only speak for myself. I believe Paul
> refers to this news entry at parabola.nu:
>
> https://www.parabola.nu/news/new-libre-hardware-crowdfunding-project-with-parabola-pre-installed/
>
> On 15.08.2016 20:09, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
>> * "New Libre Hardware Crowdfunding Project"
>>
>> Saying that the hardware is libre or free is an overstatement.
> [...]
>> I think the title should be reworked, depending on whether the circuit board
>> design is libre or not.
>
> I agree. AFAIR the circuit board design is being withheld for now,

that's incorrect.. or misleading.  the PCB SCHematic file is available
as a PDF and i have only just, a few hours ago, asked people to aid
and assist in a review.

the PCB layout file - the complex part that, if somebody were to use
it to **RIGHT NOW** place an order for 500 PCBs thus throwing this
entire campaign into jeapoardy.... yes.

l.