[Dev] How to build and support GRUB for Beaglebone Black?

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 04:35:52 GMT 2015

09.10.2015 23:14, coadde пишет:
> Andrei Borzenkov:
>> Unfortunately I still fail to understand what you are want to achieve.
>> Do you want to get back to U-Boot? Do you try to load and jump to
>> completely new U-Boot binary? In the latter case what is the reason for
>> it (if you needed U-Boot you could just not load GRUB).
>
> Since U-Boot platforms (eg. BeagleBone Black) GRUB cannot be run without
> U-Boot at all, i want that U-Boot starts GRUB to use it, but i don't
> know how could do it.

Oh, I assumed that part was done, sorry.

You simply load and launch GRUB binary using standard U-Boot commands.
U-Boot must be compiled to support API as I already mentioned. GRUB may
need to be built with adjusted load address - currently this part is
hardcoded.

All of this is actually documented on linaro page you already know.

I expect arm-uboot code to be fairly generic in that it is using
existing U-Boot services to access disk, net and console.

What exactly does not work in your case?