[Dev] [donations] progress with ceata + decisions to be made

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Fri Mar 6 18:48:41 GMT 2015

On 03/06/2015 02:25 PM, Nicolás Reynolds wrote:

> * in the case we decide to pay salaries or irregular
> compensations, ceata is prepared to do it.

+1

> * if we'd like Ceata to provide legal counsel too, we'd need to
> talk copyright assignments.  i personally like bkuhn's position on
> this[0] (every contributor is a copyright holder) but it's a
> decision we need to make collectively.

yes, i like bjuhn's position too

> * donations can be received in EUR, USD and RON via bank transfer
> to Ceata's account.  for other methods, they prefer payment systems
> that have free software clients.  apparently paypal can do this,
> and Ceata will work with the FSF to determine which others are
> available.

+1

> * we need to decide how we'll thank them for their support.  we've
> add the supporter logo and a short message on our main page (bottom
> right) in other cases.

+1

> i think the donations page should thank Ceata for their support
> and have a short description on their work (and we can do this on
> a separate page for other kind of supporters, to be fair to them).

+1 and also, my father and coadde are doing a specific GNU character
for the donations page similar than they did for our logo [0].
Otherwise, my father is creating more specific draws about this GNU
character to get a better look at our website.

[0]:https://wiki.parabola.nu/images/3/33/Logotipo_color.png

> they also proppose we add a "with the fiscal support of Ceata
> Foundation" suffix to our description on the GNU free distros
> list[1], but since there's been arguments against before[2] we need
> to decide on this.

I was against "with institutional support...", but "with the fiscal
support" is OK for me, because fiscal support is very different than
our support made by us inside Parabola.

> i think i've covered everything so far, can we make a decision
> before next friday (2015-03-13)?

yes, but i think that it should be solved before than that day though.