[Dev] Fwd: "parabola"

IngeGNUe ingegnue at riseup.net
Fri Jun 19 20:20:43 GMT 2015

If this was an authorized domain name *registrar* (it clearly is not),
then they would have to answer to ICANN -- and they would *never*
contact you. Your domain name was already registered, and it will not be
arbitrarily taken away.

This is a scam that exploits people's ignorance of the domain name
registration process, possibly to get email addresses so they can spam
you. Or maybe even to assess how valuable the domain name is, by seeing
how desired it is, so that *in case it expires* they can basically take
it hostage for a high enough price. Or if all the domain names aren't
registered, they may try to convince you to buy other TLDs.

The best thing to do is ignore it and mark it as spam. If you want to do
more, report the spammer's email address.

IngeGNUe