[Dev] KingOfTheJews is +q'ed on #parabola

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Tue Feb 10 12:42:48 GMT 2015

ingegnue <ingegnue at riseup.net> writes:

> On February 6, 2015 7:55:18 PM EST, "Nicolás Reynolds" <fauno at endefensadelsl.org> wrote:
>>
>>i'm attaching the log that led to me setting +q mode to KingOfTheJews
>>as per the irc policy[^1].  i've received some abuse in private too
>>but i don't mind.
>>

>>[^1]: https://wiki.parabola.nu/IRC_Policy
> FWIW: Thank you.  I don't come to #parabola to listen to that stuff, I
>come to talk tech and tech freedom. The behavior exhibited by
>"KingOfTheJews" in the attached log happens to be a quick way to
>alienate female participants; at least I would probably never come to
>that channel again, were that to be the norm. So, thanks!

we've never have a problem with off topic conversations, in fact it's
because of that that #parabola is so awesome.  but being an asshole and
assuming everyone's ok with casual sexist conversation was never ok.
it's happening more and more this days...

other people also thanked me for silencing (+q) the guy. if you feel
people is creating an unwelcoming climate on the irc channel please say
so publicly. i know it may be difficult telling other people to fuck off
but otherwise it passes as normality and it scalates for the worst.

though i personally don't expect this kind of people suddenly realizing
they're being assholes (in fact i was accused of abusing my "privilege"
of silencing people while masturbating to it...)

it seems sometimes you have to tell people it's not ok to take a shit on
the floor :P

--
}(:=