[Dev] License clarification/changes (attn: xihh, lluvia, fauno, mtjm, xylon)

Luke T. Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 23 03:13:28 GMT 2014

I did one before, but I just did a more thorough audit of the licenses
in libretools, and found some issues.  Here are the changes I need you
guys to approve of:

fauno:
  [ ] I approve licensing fullpkg, fullpkg-build, add-mips64el,
      repo-diff, toru-info, toru-path, toru-utils and toru-where under
      the GNU GPLv3, or (at the users' option) any later
      version. (Unspecified -> GPLv3+)
  [ ] I approve of re-licensing chcleanup and toru from the GNU GPLv3
      exclusively to the GNU GPLv3 or (at the users' option) any later
      version. (GPLv3 -> GPLv3+)
  [ ] I approve of re-licensing libremessages, librechroot, and
      libremakepkg from the GNU GPLv3 or any later version to the GNU
      GPLv2 or any later version. (GPLv3+ -> GPLv2+)
xihh:
  [ ] I approve of licensing fullpkg, fullpkg-build, mips-add and
      toru-utils under the GNU GPLv3, or (at the users' option) any
      later version. (Unspecified -> GPLv3+)
  [ ] I approve of re-licensing toru from the GNU GPLv3 exclusively to
      the GNU GPLv3, or at the users' option any later version. (GPLv3
      -> GPLv3+)
  [ ] I approve of re-licensing libremessages, librechroot, and
      libremakepkg from the GNU GPLv3 or any later version to the GNU
      GPLv2 or any later version. (GPLv3+ -> GPLv2+)
mtjm:
  [ ] I approve of licensing toru-path under the GNU GPLv3, or (at the
      users' option) any later version. (Unspecified -> GPLv3+)
  [ ] I approve of re-licensing toru from the GNU GPLv3 exclusively to
      the GNU GPLv3, or at the users' option any later version. (GPLv3
      -> GPLv3+)
  [ ] I approve of re-licensing librechroot, and libremakepkg from the
      GNU GPLv3 or any later version to the GNU GPLv2 or any later
      version. (GPLv3+ -> GPLv2+)
  [ ] If common.sh can be licensed under terms compatible with the GNU
      GPLv2, but not v3, I approve re-licensing any conflicting files
      from GPLv3+ to GPLv2+. (GPLv3+ -> GPLv2+)

lluvia, xylon, xihh, mtjm, fauno:

  [ ] If common.sh can be licensed under terms compatible with the GNU
      GPLv2, but not v3, I approve re-licensing any program making use
      of libremessages from GPLv3+ to GPLv2+. (GPLv3+ -> GPLv2+)

      lluvia: this would mean just libreaddiff
      Xylon: this would mean just pkgbuild-check-nonfree
      xihh, mtjm, fauno: this would mean a whole host of files

What this achieves (mostly):
----------------------------

Under filenames, I list who is a blocker for that change.  If I
(lukeshu) am a blocker, I don't list myself, because I obviously
support the change.

Identify the licenses of:
 - fullpkg
   - fauno
   - xihh
 - fullpkg-build
   - fauno
   - xihh
 - add-mips64el
   - fauno
 - mips-add
   - xihh
 - repo-diff
   - fauno
 - toru-info
   - fauno
 - toru-path
   - fauno
   - mtjm
 - toru-utils
   - fauno
   - xihh
 - toru-where
   - fauno

Relicense from GPLv3 to GPLv3+
 - chcleanup
   - fauno
 - toru
   - fauno
   - xihh
   - mtjm

Relicense from GPLv3+ to GPLv2+
 - libremessages
   - fauno
   - xihh

Either relicense makechrootpkg (from devtools) from GPLv2 to
GPLv3-compat or librechroot and libremakepkg from GPLv3+ GPLv2+.
 - librechroot, libremakepkg
   - fauno
   - xihh
   - mtjm
 - makechrootpkg (this would also affect fullpkg-find)
   - unknown

Identify licenses of untagged files from devtools:
 - checkpkg
 - finddeps
 - find-libdeps
 - ldd
 - common.sh (if we can't get GPLv3 compat on this... we have work to do)