[Dev] *URGENT* Proposal to organise Parabola

Aurélien DESBRIÈRES aurelien at hackers.camp
Sun Dec 7 16:15:38 GMT 2014

hellekin <hellekin at gnu.org> writes:

> On 12/06/2014 02:39 AM, Aurélien DESBRIÈRES wrote:
>>
>> This is exactly what the 1% want us to think, and this is exactly what
>> make them run.
>>
> *** May I suggest you read Heather Marsh's latest article on "How we
> came to be ruled by Death Eaters"?  It's part of a series that blasts
> mirrors of illusions about our society is run and built.  That one is
> particularly interesting regarding the trade economy.
>
> https://georgiebc.wordpress.com/2014/12/05/how-we-came-to-be-ruled-by-death-eaters/
>
>> By refusing money we refuse that system, we get out of the 99% and the
>> 1%
>>
> *** I know one person who lives by refusing the system entirely: not
> using money, and not using government-sanctioned documents.  He lives
> well, but I didn't hear him mention traveling outside Europe.  He may
> not use money, but I've seen him mention Bitcoins, and using a laptop
> and a smartphone.  As far as I know someone, at some point, had to
> exchange these items with money in order to have them end up in his hands.
>
> Money is not the issue.  As Heather puts it:
>
> "Trade economy replaced societal approval with approval based on each
> person’s ability to be of service to the powerful. The trade economy
> eventually interrupted almost all social relationships and replaced them
> with industry. Social approval was replaced with currency to the point
> that a person’s worth is now commonly given as a currency value.
> Currency is a powerful seductive tool because it allows acceptance into
> the most privileged spots of all societies with no effort required to
> gain social approval or accept the norms and values of the society."
>
> I mostly lived the last 5 years without income, without paying rent,
> without buy much more than the necessary for survival.  I was very happy
> last year to be able to upgrade from a Thinkpad X31 from 2000 to a newer
> machine.  I paid this machine with money.  Without the money, I couldn't
> have virtualization capability on my laptop, and that would certainly
> impede my freedom to learn and improve my skills, and contribute to the
> community I'm a part of.
>
> Aurélien, I would be very surprised if you connected to the Internet
> without money, and absolutely flaberghasted if your ISP would connect to
> the Internet without money as well.  Honestly, you should consider
> getting your feet back on the ground and do like Stallman did when there
> was only corporate non-free software: he used what was available to
> steer towards software freedom, and did not start by trying to obtain
> binary results from paper and ink.
>
>> We Prove them that another running solution is possible at top
>> technological level.
>>
> *** Please inspire us.  Do you have land to cultivate?  Maybe people can
> join you there.
>
>> Money is not so old in the history of humanity and if the things don't
>> goes right before, the first day we have build temple of money, world
> [...]
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

There is lot of arguments to pray for the money temple.

If people used all their energy to realize most beautifull utopia rather
than worst distopia, the world should be clean and people able to travel
from different bubble of Universes.

Parabola have run fine during that last five years without money.

What change that the project now need money?

If Parabola suddenly make/take money, in the same way of thinking, why
does the FSF and GNU does not pay us for what we do?

Why some people should give us money and not GNU and FSF?

If Parabola make/take money, why Parabola should not employ all of us?
us? who us? who will decide who will have the right to be payed for
what?

Is money K.I.S.S. in a project like that?

Money is one more element to think that we do not have before, some more
time to loose, but as some say very important.

So how money will be distribute? why this method and not another one? in
bitcoins why not in gold? bitcoins is someone somewhere, gold is just
gold and have ever been be gold.

What you want to use money, but you don't want to use gold? and why not
GNU bucks?

The fever of gold ...

--
Aurelien DESBRIERES