[Dev] Parabola ARM

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Tue Sep 3 15:54:10 GMT 2013

"Luke T. Shumaker" <lukeshu at sbcglobal.net> writes:

> At Mon, 2 Sep 2013 11:51:01 -0500,
> Leonardo Nc wrote:
>> Thanks for your answer,
>>
>> So, the only way for having Parabola running on ARM is freeing
>> devices as Raspberry Pi, for example, from binary blobs?
>
> That is a crucial step preventing us from having Parabola on
> ARM. However, once that happens, it is still a lot of work.

i read raspberry pi's going to put the binary blob on a rom chip so it's
not considered unfree.  you still need a nda to work on arm cpus afaik :(

i think the main reason is that we don't have any arm device to do
tests, since we could use abs or repos from archmobile like we do with
arch.

--
http://endefensadelsl.org