[Dev] Parabola ARM

Luke T. Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 16 03:38:24 GMT 2013

At Tue, 15 Oct 2013 21:06:59 -0300,
Nicolás Reynolds wrote:
> it would be even more interesting to have a set of pkgbuilds able to
> build a cross toolchain for a given architecture/port and bootstrap a
> minimal parabola system or any kind of package for that matter, a
> cross-makepkg!
>
> actually i tried to do this by exporting flags on makepkg.conf and
> PKGBUILDs and was able to cross-build some simple packages, but then you
> have to modify even more flags and the cross toolchain broke in the
> middle so i couldn't continue.

The tricky part about this is that packages implicitly depend=(base)
and makedepends=(base-devel), which means that dependencies of
packages within those groups are unclear.

> maybe i'd be best to put cross gnu linux-libre from scratch on PKGBUILDs
> and see what happens.

That's an idea.  I may try to do that with my raspberry pi this
weekend, and just use the non-free bootloader. Or, I may try writing
it a free bootloader this weekend. Or, try to publish XBS.  Or
PBS-tools. Or fix java/arduino. So many choices.

Happy hacking,
 ~ Luke