[Dev] GIMP is not libre (GIMP-LIBRE soon)
mtjm at mtjm.eu
Sat May 5 11:39:25 GMT 2012
> Hi guys, yesterday gimp 2.8 was released and include a splash screen
> that doesn't respect our freedom
> "This work by Richard Hirner is licensed under the
> Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported terms."
I know these other facts:
- http://www.gimpusers.com/news/00419-gsoc-2012-gimp-gegl-projects has a
- the LICENSE file in gimp-2.8.0 source states this:
* The GIMP application core, and other portions of the official GIMP
distribution not explicitly licensed otherwise, are licensed under
the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE -- see the 'COPYING' file in this
directory for details.
- the data/images/gimp-splash.png file has no license-related metadata
and no other file in obvious place like that directory states any
- you haven't posted any reference to the GIMP source here.
I believe this caption is incorrect or refers to the review instead of
to the image. So it's not a problem in the GIMP or Parabola.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 835 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Dev