[Dev] [issue366] [libretools] [mips64el] Shared libraries updates break packages.

Joshua Ismael Haase Hernández (Parabola Issue Tracker) bugs at parabolagnulinux.org
Wed Jan 25 22:39:00 GMT 2012

New submission from Joshua Ismael Haase Hernández:

Hi everyone.

On mips64el arch we have constant problems when updating shared libraries
because packages which depend on them are not updated accordingly. This
should be done by our building script.

Right now we have a really ugly «toru» which checks where are the PKGBUILD
for each pkgsplit, so that is trivial to find them next, and makes a list
of packages which we need to update.

I think we should rewrite that script (mainly for readability and cleanness)
to do it's job right and to make a list of package dependencies like:

ffmpeg: vlc, mplayer, etc

So that when we update ffmpeg the script knows we need to update those too.

This could also help for issues like
https://bugs.parabolagnulinux.org/bugs/issue260

Do you have another idea?

Greetings Joshua (xihh)

assignedto: xihh
keyword: automation, libretools, mips64el, packages
messages: 1425
nosy: dev_list, xihh
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: [libretools] [mips64el] Shared libraries updates break packages.