[Dev] Announcing a new mirror - testers wanted!

Johannes Krampf johannes.krampf at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 13 18:16:06 GMT 2012

Hello everyone,

I created a mirror for Parabola. Add the following line to your
/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist to enable this mirror:

     Server = http://parabolaweb.eu/$repo/os/$arch

Syncing is done by parsing the db files and downloading any new files
from the official mirror using HTTP. (The script will be published after
some more clean up work. It's ~150 lines of Python 2 code.)

I used the mirror successfully on my i686 laptop, my i686 Linode and my
x86_64 workstation and found no problems. I would appreciated if someone
with mips64el could try the mirror.

At my location in Southern Switzerland, I get faster speeds than from
the official mirror, on my London Linode slower speeds, but still
multiple MB/s. Any other Europeans who could give this a try?

Cheers,

Johannes