[Dev] Update of web site code (parabolaweb)

Johannes Krampf johannes.krampf at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 1 07:49:00 GMT 2011

> At Wed, 30 Nov 2011 23:50:34 -0500,
> Luke T.Shumaker wrote:
>> OK, I got the old version working great with MySQL MyISAM. I have two
>> comments about it:
>>  * As far as I can tell, DEBUG needs to be true for /media to
>>    work. WTF?

You only have to set DEBUG to True if you use the integrated server
(./manage.py runserver) for media to work correctly.

On a real deployment you would use Django with wsgi and have your web
server manage serving of static files.

>> I then upgraded it to the Johannes'/my new version. This version is
>> NOT ready to be deployed. Everything works great, except viewing a
>> single package, for which it 500s. This does appear to be a bug with
>> our code.

The stacktraces look like bugs in the template markup which I have
introduced when merging. I'll have a look at it this evening, thanks
for your testing!