[Dev] Update of web site code (parabolaweb)

Luke T.Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 1 06:33:15 GMT 2011

At Thu, 1 Dec 2011 01:35:52 -0300,
Nicolás Reynolds wrote:
> we are using debug=false and
>
> ## location for saving dev pictures
> MEDIA_ROOT = '/srv/http/web/media/'
>
> ## web url for serving image files
> MEDIA_URL = 'http://parabolagnulinux.org/media/'

That's really weird then, I have no idea why I have to set debug=true
for it to work for us.

Nicolás Reynolds wrote:
> but we aren't using the virtualenv nor the pip packages.

That's great, because I was worried that me removing the outdated
virtualenv files that were wrongfully put into git would cause a
problem.

At Wed, 30 Nov 2011 23:50:34 -0500,
Luke T.Shumaker wrote:
> OK, I got the old version working great with MySQL MyISAM. I have two
> comments about it:
>  * As far as I can tell, DEBUG needs to be true for /media to
>    work. WTF?
>  * Bug: `media/silhouette.png' should be at
>    `media/devs/silhouette.png'
>
> I then upgraded it to the Johannes'/my new version. This version is
> NOT ready to be deployed. Everything works great, except viewing a
> single package, for which it 500s. This does appear to be a bug with
> our code.
>
> I'll go ahead and move silhouette.png in my copy, and try to fix the
> package pages.

I think I've done this. As far as I can tell, my version is running
great, with no problems that I can tell.

Luke T.Shumaker wrote:
> Steps to be taken when upgrading:
>  * git pull/checkout
>  * remove .pyc files (cause weird bugs if they don't get purged)
>  * $ ./manage.py migrate
>  * $ for file in */fixtures/*.json; do ./manage.py loaddata $file; done
>  * pip install -r requirements_prod.txt
>    This is to update Django and other deps, but doesn't appear to be
>    nescessary. What changed:
>     * Django 1.3 => 1.3.1
>     * pyinotify (new)
>     * pytz 2011c => 2011n

I know you're not managing them with pip, but I'd check to make sure
that pacman has those versions installed.

Also make sure that the symlink at media/admin_media is right.