[Assist] No protocol specified Cant connect to display: :0

Freemor freemor at freemor.ca
Thu Oct 18 00:44:24 GMT 2018

That isn't much to go on but it sounds like a xhosts problem (because you
mention it happens when you disconnect the wired internet)

It is probably a symptom on not having set your hostname and hosts files up
correctly.

Basically, If those are misconfigured a situation can arise  where X11 thinks
you are a remote machine and denies access to the X11 display.

Make sure you have a hostname set
Make sure there is an entry fir that name in /etc/hosts linking the name to
localhost i.e.:

127.0.0.1	yourHostName
::1		yourHostName

and the like.

Also check that DHCP is not setting a hostname somehow.