[Assist] Anyone else unable to play songs on bandcamp.com in IceCat?

IngeGNUe ingegnue at riseup.net
Sat Jul 2 22:54:36 BST 2016

On 07/02/16 13:26, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> On 07/02/2016 07:14 PM, IngeGNUe wrote:
>> […]
>> My debugging skills are limited so I'm not sure what else I can do about
>> this.
>>

> I have installed
>
> $ pacman -Q | grep gst
> clutter-gst 3.0.18-1
> clutter-gst2 2.0.18-1
> gst-libav 1.8.2-1
> gst-plugins-bad 1.8.2-2.parabola1
> gst-plugins-base 1.8.2-1
> gst-plugins-base-libs 1.8.2-1
> gst-plugins-good 1.8.2-1
> gstreamer 1.8.2-1
> gstreamer0.10 0.10.36-4
> lib32-gst-plugins-base-libs 1.8.1-1
> lib32-gstreamer 1.8.2-1

So I had these:

clutter-gst 3.0.18-1
clutter-gst2 2.0.18-1
gst-plugins-bad 1.8.2-2.parabola1
gst-plugins-base 1.8.2-1
gst-plugins-base-libs 1.8.2-1
gst-plugins-good 1.8.2-1
gstreamer 1.8.2-1
gstreamer0.10 0.10.36-4
gstreamer0.10-bad 0.10.23-15.parabola1
gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins 0.10.23-15.parabola1
gstreamer0.10-base 0.10.36-3
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg 0.10.13-2
gstreamer0.10-good 0.10.31-10
gstreamer0.10-good-plugins 0.10.31-10

And I uninstalled a million dependencies to get your same set of
plugins. Now the music plays.

I removed these packages: java-openjfx workrave farstream pdfsam
qtwebkit webkit2gtk libpurple pidgin python2-pyqt4 qt5-webkit zenity
electrum pidgin-otr gstreamer0.10-bad gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
gstreamer0.10-base gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg gstreamer0.10-good
gstreamer0.10-good-plugins farstream-0.1 wxgtk audacity gnuplot wxgtk2.8

I think I can live without those as it's been a while since I cleaned
out my installations. :)

Now I've got this:

 ~ $ pac -Q | grep gst
clutter-gst 3.0.18-1
clutter-gst2 2.0.18-1
gst-libav 1.8.2-1
gst-plugins-bad 1.8.2-2.parabola1
gst-plugins-base 1.8.2-1
gst-plugins-base-libs 1.8.2-1
gst-plugins-good 1.8.2-1
gstreamer 1.8.2-1
lib32-gst-plugins-base-libs 1.8.1-1
lib32-gstreamer 1.8.2-1

So, okay I don't have gstreamer0.10 but it works.

> I have the same messages (firejail probably makes no difference):
>
> $ firejail --private=~/withjs-firejail icecat -P withjs --no-remote
> Reading profile /etc/firejail/icecat.profile
> Reading profile /etc/firejail/firefox.profile
> Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable-common.inc
> Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable-programs.inc
> Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable-devel.inc
> Warning: user namespaces not available in the current kernel.
> Reading profile /etc/firejail/whitelist-common.inc
> Parent pid 7396, child pid 7397
> Warning: /sbin directory link was not blacklisted
> Warning: /usr/sbin directory link was not blacklisted
> Blacklist violations are logged to syslog
>
> Child process initialized
>
> (process:2): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
>
> (icecat:2): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
> None of the authentication protocols specified are supported.
> console.error:
>   [CustomizableUI]
>   Custom widget with id loop-button does not return a valid node
> console.error:
>   [CustomizableUI]
>   Custom widget with id loop-button does not return a valid node
>
> ** (icecat:2): CRITICAL **: gst_app_src_set_size: assertion
> 'GST_IS_APP_SRC (appsrc)' failed
>
> Parent is shutting down, bye...

Yeah, firejail doesn't make a difference (I checked). Interestingly, you
only get...

** (icecat:4487): CRITICAL **: gst_app_src_set_size: assertion
'GST_IS_APP_SRC (appsrc)' failed

...once. Whereas with my bad gstreamer plugins, I had the error
repeating over and over.

So let's narrow down the culprit. I reinstalled what I had. I can still
play music. Now, I realized that what I was missing is gst-libav. Only
when I remove gst-libav does the problem get reproduced.

So, installing **gst-libav** fixes it and I can keep my other packages.
Thanks!!! :)