[Assist] Anyone else unable to play songs on bandcamp.com in IceCat?

pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) pelzflorian at pelzflorian.de
Sat Jul 2 07:03:20 BST 2016

On 07/02/2016 03:36 AM, Sergei Akhmatdinov wrote:
> Facebook and Bandcamp both rely on non-free code, so I am a bit
> shocked to see this question being discussed here.
>
> […]
> Of course, in the end it's your choice to whether to run non-free code
> or not, but I feel like it defeats the purpose of using Parabola.

It does not. It’s a trade-off.

While I tell people to use e-mail or XMPP to write me private messages,
something that they want to be announced publicly needs to be on
Facebook as long as that’s what most people in the audience use.

Maybe some time in the future I can use OStatus for that.

> Way I see it, if it doesn't work, Icecat developers protecting you from
> non-free web code is probably the reason.

They’re trying to do so with LibreJS. LibreJS is horribly slow. Also I
don’t need it, because the sites I use either don’t require JavaScript
(most of them) or really are proprietary (Facebook and university sites).