[Assist] Fwd: Trying to migrate from Arch

Isaac David isacdaavid at isacdaavid.info
Wed Jan 13 17:39:52 GMT 2016

At the very least the main mirror (repo.parabola.nu) is opperative, and
I think others are too.

The problem with links like
https://www.parabola.nu/packages/libre/any/parabola-keyring/download/
is that they are currently configured to redirect requests to a
secondary mirror, so if that mirror goes offline the downloads in the
official Parabola site and wiki also break.

If repo.parabola.nu is up then a full URL like
https://repo.parabola.nu/pool/parabola/parabola-keyring-20160103-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
only depends on the package name and version. parabola-keyring was
updated since that part in the Migration Guide was written, but it's
fixed now. I know this isn't an optimal solution, but you could have
visited the parent directory https://repo.parabola.nu/pool/parabola/ to
find your package.

Anyway, you should be able to complete the guide now.

Welcome aboard!