[Assist] geogebra license is GNU GPL

Isaac David isacdaavid at isacdaavid.info
Fri Jan 15 20:10:57 GMT 2016

I apologise for my late reply Quiliro, it's good to hear you are
willing to contribute a libre version of Geogebra. Before describing
the kind of work needed to complete this task I would try to identify
all the nonfree stuff inside Geogebra's source tree. For instance, here
are the aformentioned language files which don't permit commercial use:

http://dev.geogebra.org/trac/browser/trunk/geogebra/desktop/src/main/resources/org/geogebra/desktop?order=name#properties

Similarly we need to know whether those nonfree installers are part of
the source or not. The _license.txt file from that link also reads:

> 4. The GeoGebra language files (including all user interface
> "translation"
> files in the GeoGebra application and applets), all GeoGebra
> documentation
> (including  "GeoGebra Help", "GeoGebra Quickstart" and all other
> documentation files found on the GeoGebra webservers) and all GeoGebra
> user interface image and style files (including logos, icons and style
> sheets) are licensed to you under the terms of the Creative Commons
> Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike licence (version 3.0 or later)

Finding those things in the source tree will better tell us whether
deleting or replacing all that stuff is actually feasible or not.