[Assist] ask

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 15 05:23:02 BST 2015

On Sat, 13 Jun 2015 18:05:36 -0600,
Dika Setya Prayogi wrote:
> when I try grapichal parabola linux it can't mount disk automaticaly

Yes, many our users are the type of people who get annoyed by the
system being configured to do things they didn't ask it to do.  I
often describe Parabola to people as "not configured by default."
Anything you want it to do, you have to configure that yourself.  If
you want a user other than root, you need to run `useradd`, if you
want it to have X11, you have to install that.  It offers full
flexibility to the user.  Of course that's not for everybody, most
computer users don't want to have to configure X11 or automounting.
But the users that Parabola targets like to know how their system
works, and exactly how it is configured.  Many of us previously got
fed up fighting the default configurations provided by more "user
friendly" distros, and realized that we'd rather just do it ourselves.

If that's not for you, I recommend Trisquel <http://trisquel.info/>,
another one of the FSF-endorsed 100% free distributions.

The Parabola graphical CD is a little deceptive--it won't give you an
install that is like the CD.  The install process is still the same as
with the non-graphical CD, and the basic install will still be
non-graphical until you set up the graphics.

> and there is no grapichal pacman fronted, can you make it more new
> user friendly please !

Sure there is, there's 'gtkpacman' from the [pcr] repository (I don't
recall if [pcr] is enabled by default or not--just uncomment it in
/etc/pacman.conf).